Our mission is to add value to our customers through our professional knowledge and experience by providing innovative engineering turnkey solutions and products in the industry.
Our vision is to ensure the continued service excellence that our clients have come to expect and be able to broaden our range of products and service offerings.
YNF engineering is a level 1 BEE accredited supplier in the armature winding fraternity. As a solely 100% black female enterprise in its industry, YNF has come a long way from its humble beginnings in a one room 200m² workshops facility comprising of only four employees. Under the watchful eye of visionary entrepreneur Mr. Fritz Orren and with the support of his wife Mrs Natasha Orren, YNF has grown from strength to strength, and is today a multi-million rand entity.
The company was first established in 1995 as a 50/50 partnership by the Orren couple and is based in Roodepoort, Johannesburg.
The company initially started out with a focus on the manufacture and reconditioning of raw materials in the form of slip rings, commutators, flexes, rotor bars, pole shoes, field coils and brush boxes, this still remains to the company’s pride and joy.
With the company now spearheaded by fresh young blood, in the form of Mr Fritz Orren’s sons, Ricardo Orren and Jade Orren, the future of YNF engineering looks sparkling and is set for the long haul. With two young vibrant minds at the helm, the duo is set on taking the company to greater heights. Fresh and innovative leadership is the order of the day and the company has taken a turn for the better and has experienced more success under their watch. The sons are looking to establish the YNF brand as a formidable global brand.
- Strategically source products inline with customer specified requirements and international standards
- Technical engineering support
- Customer service and satisfaction
- Result delivered solutions
- Empowering customers through shared knowledge and experience.
- We uphold human dignity and respect.
- We believe in being entrepreneurial, innovative, and pragmatic and value focused in our approach to business.
- We value honesty and integrity in business conduct.
- We believe in the development of human capital, within our company and within the organizations of our customers and other stakeholders.
- We value customer-driven service excellence, professionalism and efficiency of delivery in everything we do.
- We believe in having fun and celebrating our achievements.
Growth and Expansion
The company, like many others endured stormy periods but has gained ground by broadening its market, horizon and work base, by expanding into the repair of AC/DC motors, welding machines, transformers, alternators, industrial fans, pumps, mining and rail traction motors. This extended scope of repair extends to the machining, cutting and the re-profiling of surface and underground locomotives wheels in the mining and commuter rail industries.
The expansion has been made possible by the recent acquisition of wheel cutting machinery. In accordance with the vision of the company progress has been made in the establishment of, and soon to be commissioned, AC MV motor repair department and flame proof repair department. The AC MV Motor department will fall well in line with the commuter rail tender of the Rolling Stock Fleet Renewal programme as the new trains will operate on AC traction motors.